Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Back up Back up

I bought myself a new external hard drive yesterday and I feel such relief from this one little purchase. I do already back up my images, I have an external hard drive, they are on my internal hard drive AND for my personal images I have a THIRD portable external drive. I know slightly overkill. BUT, one of my external hard drives came to a grinding hault recently while we were moving house, luckily I had everything still on my internal drive and quickly backed up that again. It is like feeling naked and exposed, extremely vulnerable. I don't know what I would do if I lost my images! Not just my clients but all my personal memories. I am actually going to buy myself a fire proof safe, wouldn't you be spewing if you stole my safe and found it contained nothing but backed up personal images on cd!! No diamonds in this household!

Seriously I know many people that have lost their personal images when their hard drives crashed, please, please back up your images!

That being said, last week I revisited with a family whose son I photographed about three and a half years ago now. He is now a big brother and totally proud as punch.


No comments: